So in case you have been outsourcing all your computer problems to technical experts due to a lack of time, perhaps you should revisit your strategy and first analyze whether the problem can be resolved quickly at your end. Let us look at one such type of PC error known as DLL errors that may harass you and look quite intimidating but that are actually quite easy to fix.
It is important to understand that DLL files or Dynamic Link Library files are no ordinary files. They were created by Microsoft, the manufacturer of Windows Operating Systems, to serve a special purpose. The aim was to make things efficient and simpler by creating files that comprise codes and functions that can be shared among multiple applications. Since DLL files are often critical for the smooth operations of an application, any DLL error can disrupt the functioning of the whole application.
People often misconceive that DLL files have strange names which do not make any sense. However, most of the DLL file names give some indications about its origin. For instance, you may encounter error in the DLL file connapi.dll and you may not know where to start. In order to fix connapi.dll errors, you must begin by searching for origin of the file. On searching, you will find that this process belongs to Connectivity API of Nokia.
DLL errors are frequently caused by:
- Missing or deleted DLL file.
- Virus or malware infecting the DLL files.
- Overwriting a good file with a rogue DLL file which is actually a malware. For example, a rogue dimsntfy.dll is often downloaded by users.
- Registry or hard disk problems.
- Problems with drivers or hardware.
- Conflict between applications or DLL files.
- Identify the DLL file involved and then ascertain the cause of the pc error.
- If it is a missing or corrupt file, you may either try to download the file from a genuine source or try reinstalling the application involved.
- In case a DLL error takes place during an application installation, you must immediately abort and uninstall the application. That should take care of the problem.
- Often, DLL errors are a result of malware infection. If you suspect this, you must immediately sweep your computer with the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware to eliminate this possibility.
- Finally, many DLL errors can be difficult to get rid of and therefore need a thorough registry scan and repair which can be quickly accomplished by an automatic registry cleaning tool.